Department of Statistics
Become an international standard educational and development institution and contribute to science and technology, especially in the fields of statistical computation, social science, economics, and life science.
- Organizing the quality and competitive learning process of undergraduate and postgraduate of statistics study programs to produce entrepreneurial graduates, have noble personalities, and have a national culture.
- Improving a conducive academic atmosphere to foster professionalism, creativity, and innovation of teaching staff, education staff, and students.
- Improving the quality of research and scientific publications in statistics relevant to the development of science and technology.
- Disseminating statistics through community service and collaboration with society, government institutions, and private institutions.
- Improving the ability to learn statistics independently.
- Enhancing simple intellectual abilities and critical thinking skills precisely and surely.
- Fostering communication skills that can support interpersonal skills for further study and socialize.
- Carrying out international standard education.
- Producing high-quality graduates who are able to apply their knowledge optimally, be able to compete, and quickly adapt to the world of work.
- Producing independent and entrepreneurial graduates.
- Producing graduates who are ready to continue their education to a higher level.
- Producing graduates who have morals, intellect, and noble character.
The targets in this work plan are grouped into 4 interrelated development fields, namely development in the aspect of improving:
- The quality of education,
- The quality of research and community service,
- The quality of student affairs and alumni, and
- The quality of Institutional and Cooperation.
Undergraduate Program of Statistics
Become a centre for excellent Undergraduate Statistics education and research at the international level, in the fields of statistical computation, social humanities, economics, industry, and life science in 2025.
- Providing quality learning processes according to National Standards of Higher Education.
- Equipping graduates to be able to compete and easily adapt to the world of work, as well as being ready to continue their education to a higher level.
- Increase the quantity and improving the quality of joint research to support the development of statistics in computation, social humanities, economics, industry, and life science
- Disseminating the application of statistics correctly.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The objectives of the Undergraduate Program of Statistics, are to produce graduates who
work as a researcher, academician, consultant, and analyst or manager with the attributes stated as in the following PEOs:
- Ability to apply statistics to solve problems in the fields of computing, social, economics, industry, and life sciences.
- Ability to disseminate and develop theories of statistics, and be ready to continue in a higher education level.
- Ability to communicate their ideas, to work with a good ethic and high responsibility.
Intended Learning Outcome (ILO)
[ILO-1]. Mastery of basic scientific concepts and statistical analysis methods applied on computing, social science, humanities, economics, industry, and life science.
[ILO-2]. Ability to arrange or choose an efficient data collection/ data generated design that applies in surveys, experiments, or simulations.
[ILO-3]. Ability to manage, analyze, and solve real-life problems in computing, social humanities, economics, industry, and life sciences using statistical methods with software assistance, then present and communicate the results.
[ILO-4]. Mastery of at least two statistical software, including open source one.
[ILO-5]. Ability to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking independently when applied to science and technology that contain humanities values, based on scientific principles, procedures, and ethics with excellent and measurable results.
[ILO-6]. Ability to take appropriate decisions to solve the problems in their respective fields, based on the information and data analysis.
[ILO-7]. Ability to maintain and develop a job network and supervise and evaluate the team’s performance which they lead.
[ILO-8]. Ability to apply and internalize the spirit of independence, struggle, entrepreneurship, based on values, norms, and academic ethics of Pancasila in all aspects of life.